September 18th, 2022
Sorry for the delay in this mid-month edition. Things have been extremely busy with so many new things happening: CIMS system, TMHP issues with Claims, Draft Rules: HCS/TxHmL TAC and Draft Rules: New ISS services rules, updates to the billing requirements, and much more. I was running a little behind on my updates and I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget any of the many changes that have recently occurred or are in process.
I am so happy so many of you stopped by our booth at the Private Provider’s Association of Texas Conference this past week. Please don’t forget to contact us back if any of you who wanted CM and nurse training and other services forgot to come by or schedule a follow-up consultation. It was a great turn out and we would like to thank Carole and Jaim over at PPAT for all their hard work and all the great sessions they put together for the conference.
Don’t forget to register for the upcoming PACSTX conference as well as the AAIDD Texas chapter conference. (Both are in November of this year.)
April 28th, 2022
Update From Twogether Consulting!
Hope everyone’s Spring Holidays were a success: Easter, Passover, Ramadan, and Eastern Orthodox Easter!
There are so many changes happening right now for LTC Providers, especially those in the HCS/TxHmL programs: CARE Migration to TMHP, Critical Incident Management Reporting System, New Rules Coming for the HCBS program, including ISS and DH changes, and much more. It continues to be a huge year of change! Please contact us directly for your care coordination, QIDP, and nursing needs at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you may contact our assistant Meghan Jones at email@example.com
. We are happy to say that we can still continue to provide for most of your needs at this time. We are happy to provide whatever assistance we can with questions you may have, especially concerning HCS/TxHmL Care Coordination, IT and security
, Nursing, or general survey requirements from LTCR department in these programs. We also still provide assistance with the ICF/IID program.
Many of you have asked about whether or not we will provide additional training for billing/claims in TMHP and entering IPC’s and IDRC’s. At this time we are not providing that service as it is new to everyone, but we will continue to keep providers updated on any fixes we learn for provider issues in TMHP. Please continue to check our “Updates” posts on the Twogether Consulting website. I have assigned a few consultants with the task of learning the system, so that hopefully we can provide some training to help reinforce and support what providers learn on the TMHP portal.
Our team has recently expanded. We have a new IDD Consultant who will be starting with us in May 2022. We hope to do a formal introduction in the next few months. We can still help with POC’s (Plans of Correction) for HCS/TxHmL and ICF as well as Directive Inservice Training as needed. FYI-We do still have “mentoring” assistance (especially great for new nurses) from a few of our RN consultants on an as-needed basis, but we will keep you posted when we have someone else in place more regularly during 2022, we are still working on that.
Twogether Consulting will be posting more of our upcoming webinar classes for May-July within the next 2-3 weeks
, so feel free to check the website: www.twogetherconsulting.com
or our next newsletter.
We have recently updated a few items on our website:
1. The page on our website previously called “Shop” on the dropdown menu under “Services”, is now called “Service Pricing”. I hope this makes it much easier for providers we currently serve and new providers to find some of our services with regular pricing posted. We do not post all of our rates and fees as most of the services providers need our help with must be tailored to the client for their specific needs.
Before 2023, we hope to add a few packages with set prices for new providers. Some examples are:
“On-site Assistance With Opening A Group Home” for brand new HCS providers and “On-site Assistance With a New Admission” (GH or HH/CC clients in HCS only)
2. We have changed the look of our “Satisfied Customers”
page a bit. Please submit any quotes you have by clicking on “Contact Us” and sending us a small statement of how you feel Twogether Consulting has helped your agency, the company name and your name, and contact information. We could really use some new quotes.
3. We do accept payments via Venmo
, as well as Paypal now: Our Venmo address is @Twogether2004
4. Once again, please don’t forget our “Updates”
page on the Twogether Consulting website. This is where we post anything new from HHSC and anything going on with Twogether Consulting. It is fairly easy to navigate from one “post” to the other. If you want to read more on each section, just click on “read more”.
5. I would like to remind everyone again, that if you need “Off-site Consultation”
and you would like to purchase a block of time (1, 3 or 6 hrs at a time)
, please go to our “Services”
page to pay directly from the site. There is a tab called “Service Pricing”
in the drop-down menu where you pay your payment. Remember there is a discount for blocks of time larger than 3 hours, purchased on the site. This discount is only available online on this page
on the dropdown menu under “Service Pricing”.
-There are also some additional services at a flat rate, for purchase on this page. This includes “Off-site” ICAP Scoring, General or Nurse Consultation, and the initial consultation for HCS Provider Applicants. We will be adding to these options in 2022!
Currently, most of our services are still technically “off-site”, due to the continued Public Health Emergency (Pandemic) but we are happy to announce that we have begun providing scheduled “on-site” training for small groups and on-site assistance to providers. We hope to have live sessions advertised by the Fall of 2022 at the latest.
As I said, Twogether Consulting is available to come on-site at this time, if you are comfortable with us doing so. We have all had our COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters at this time and we can take the rapid test for COVID, prior to the visit, if requested. We are happy to follow specific company protocol if requested (masks, etc..)
Twogether Consulting is continuing to work to ensure minimal disruptions to our business while putting the safety and well-being of our providers, their individuals in the program, and our contractors as our highest priority. Please see below for specific information for 2022 Services:
- In-person group trainings/conferences: Available as requested as of December 29th, 2021. Most of these classes have already been moved to online webinars or training, but we can come on-site if you need us to do so. We also have pre-recorded sessions of some of these trainings as well if you prefer.
- Online training (Webinars): Proceeding as planned. We will be posting upcoming webinars to the website regularly on the homepage: www.twogetherconsulting.com
- Webinar Registration: Click on calendars on our website at www.twogetherconsulting.com or https://events.time.ly/anatx6f
- Recordings of Free Webinar Series: https://www.gotostage.com/channel/3b0bd3b1a47c4e80be974f4bcfa54d7b
- “Updates Page” https://twogetherconsulting.com/updates/
- We will continue to provide 1 on 1 webinar training and any general trainings done for a specific facility/ provider for Care Coordination, Nursing Services, Direct Support Staff, etc.…
- We have pre-recorded sessions with handouts for those of you who can’t attend live sessions or can’t wait for a live session. They range from $45-$175 per session. These range from 1 hr- 3.5 hrs per session.
- “Pop-Up Webinars”: We will occasionally send out invitations to some webinars to those of you who are already clients of Twogether Consulting or who are on our mailing list. These won’t be posted for the general public. These will be fairly short notice and based on topics that we receive a large number of requests to provide. They will also be limited registration. (15-30 persons max).
- Direct Support Staff Training Webinars: We continue to offer DIT’s (Directive Inservice Trainings) for ICF as well as General Direct Support Training for HCS/TxHmL/ICF providers. Here are just some of our training webinars currently available live and/or via pre-recorded sessions: Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation, Direct Support Documentation (Service Delivery Logs/Residential Notes, Incident Reports, Behavioral Support Documentation and Data Collection, and Training Data Collection), Elements of the Behavior Support Plan & The Importance of Your Documentation, Expectations From the Nurse of The DSP (Includes discussion of Medical Documentation as well-MARS, Medication Errors, Treatment Sheets, Significant Observations), When and What to Report To The Nurse, SAM’s Training (Self-Administration of Medications Training To Staff-General Routes, Tasks, documenting), Preparing For Survey in the Group Home/Surveyor Expectations in the Group Home, Host Home/Companion Care Service Provider Responsibilities, What The Nurse Expects from the HH/CC Provider and/or CRA, and many other training webinars.
- Consultant Support: Twogether Consultants continue to be available to assist with your HCS/TxHmL and ICF needs as usual. We will provide anything you request of us, that we can off-site but also on-site now if requested..
- Off-site Consultation:
- You may purchase a block of time for as-needed consultation: Starting January 1st, 2022, our prices will go to $80/hr and we can offer blocks of time for more than 3 hrs at a slight discount if you pay online at: https://twogetherconsulting.com/services/off-site-services/
- if there is an extensive project (anything over 6 hrs, we will discuss flat rate options or daily rates.)
- We continue to provide as-needed off-site consultation including, but not limited to Development or assistance with policy and procedure, Monthly/Quarterly QA via Taskmaster Pro, or any other cloud-based services, Survey and Audit Prep, and you are welcome to contact us if you need us to QA or review documents through our secure cloud storage system. We also provide off-site case management and nursing consultation and mentoring for HCS/TxHmL and ICF programs,
- And much more!
- On-site Consultation: This service is available as requested, but please understand we need ample time to schedule as we are backed up right now!:
- General On-Site Assistance is based on a daily flat fee (ranges from $550-$1050 per day), depending on your location and additional travel expenses.
- On-site Training for groups is a daily flat fee however due to prep time, and additional costs for materials, # of attendees, the cost is a bit more (ranges from $850-$2800 per day).
- The request for on-site is up to you and if you feel comfortable. We will of course respect any protocol you have for us if we do come on-site, including rapid testing for COVID (additional cost).
- Concerning our ICF providers, we will follow the same guidelines ICF has provided at this time.
- Remember for ICF we can still provide Directive Inservice Trainings (DIT) if necessary, but we prefer to provide these off-site via webinar, and most Regional Surveyors will accept a DIT via webinar, especially in these times. So please let us know. If this must be done in person, it must be for 8 or less attendees at a time. All attendees must be screened for possible Covid-19 symptoms.
- Payments: We prefer payment via our PayPal Invoices, with Credit Card/Debit/ or PayPal and Venmo. You are also welcome to pay via check, e-check, or request to pay with Venmo. You may also use our online link below to pay: https://twogetherconsulting.com/payments/
- If you must pay by check, please let us know prior to mailing the check. Thank you. Send all checks to:
Twogether Consulting P.O. Box 90426 Austin, Tx 78709
Any updates to our COVID-19 response will be posted at: https://twogetherconsulting.com/updates/
Note: We will continue to send out the newsletter 2 x per month. If you want to me on the mailing list, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us by phone with any questions at: 512-294-8032. You may email me directly at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and be well,
Julie Andrews Blacklock/Owner & IDD Waiver Consultant