January 2nd, 2023
HHSC published an alert on Dec. 21, 2022, informing long-term care providers that expedited delivery is available for a limited time for personal protective equipment through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
This resource is available to all long-term care providers, including:
- Nursing Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Home and Community-based Services
- Home and Community Support Services Agencies, including Community Living Assistance and Support Services, Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities, and Medically Dependent Children Program
- Texas Home Living
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Day Activity Health Services
Long-term care providers who have a current need for these specific resources can submit requests by visiting star.tdem.texas.gov and selecting the “Expedited PPE” button. The generic passcode for the inventory listed above is: 112518.
Items are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This system is only to be used on a one-time basis for expedited PPE only. If a provider needs these resources, please include the amount needed in your request.