September 13th, 2021
New TMHP Account Setup Quick Reference Guide for HCS and TxHmL Providers and FMSAs
The following providers must submit claims and forms to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership beginning March 1, 2022.
- Home and Community-based Services
- Texas Home Living
- Financial Management Services Agencies billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services
To submit claims and forms, HCS and TxHmL providers and FMSAs must set up TMHP accounts.
The new TMHP Account Setup for HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs Quick Reference Guide is available. The guide provides step-by-step directions to create new TMHP accounts or to link to existing accounts.
September 5th, 2021
New TMHP Migration Implementation Date
A new implementation date of March 1, 2022 is planned for the release of forms and claim submissions to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership for Home and Community-based Services and Texas Home Living program providers, Local Intellectual Developmental Disability Authority agencies, and financial management services agencies that are billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services employers.
Until the transition, HCS and TxHmL providers can continue to use the Client Assignment and Registration system for submitting claims and forms.
For more information, read the notice posted on the long-term care homepage.
July 17th, 2021
- The initial effective date of the migration (August 2, 2021) has been postponed.
- At this time HHSC is not able to estimate a new ‘effective’ date, explaining that it needs to first reach 100% compliance in its ‘testing’ phase. HHSC added that as of July 9th, it was at a 65% compliance rate, and that only 44.52% of providers have started the process (referring to registering/setting up a security account and practicing).
- HHSC is using a variety of methods to reach out to providers to remind them of the importance of preparing for this transition.
- HHSC stated there are two options from which providers can choose for claims submission – EDI or Tex Med Connect.
- According to HHSC, choosing EDI allows one to practice using the new system before the effective date.
- Though no details were provided, three (3) additional webinars will be held.
July 3rd, 2021
Migration to the TMHP LTC Online Portal – Aug. 2, 2021 Delayed
May 23rd, 2021
Migration to the TMHP LTC Online Portal – Aug. 2, 2021 Deployment (IL 2021-24)
HCS and TxHmL program providers and LIDDAs must submit the following forms online through TMHP LTCOP beginning Aug. 2, 2021:
- HCS or TxHmL Pre-enrollment
- 8578 Intellectual Disability/Related Condition Assessment (ID/RC)
- 8582 TxHmL Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- 3608 HCS Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- HCS Provider Location Update (PLU)
- Individual Movement (IMT)
- Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) Reassignments
- Request Individual Update
- Service Coordinator Update
- Initiate Individual Suspensions
- 3615 Request to Continue Suspension of Waiver Program Services
- 3616 Request for Termination of Services Provided by HCS/TxHmL Waiver Provider
Forms 8578, 8582, and 3608 with an effective date prior to Aug. 1, 2021, which are not entered into the CARE system before July 16, 2021, will require double entry by the provider or LIDDA into both CARE and TMHP systems.
TMHP Portal Security Guide: https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/file
library/edi/Portal Security Manual.pdf
TMHP EDI website: https://www.tmhp.com/topics/edi
TMHP EDI Agreement: https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/provider-
TMHP LTC User Guide for TMC:https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/file-library/ltc/LTC_TexMedConnect_UG_092420_R.pdf
TMHP Provider Education/Training: https://www.tmhp.com/resources/provider-education-and-training
TMHP Electronic Visit Verification website: https://www.tmhp.com/topics/evv
HHSC HCS and TxHmL Bill Code Crosswalk: