July 17th, 2021
On Tuesday (July 13, 2021), the HHSC IDD Coordination Workgroup met. The workgroup is comprised of HHSC staff and representatives from IDD stakeholders and advocacy organizations. Here is the discussion that followed, regarding the CARE Migration to TMHP project.
Summary of the discussion below,
- The initial effective date of the migration (August 2, 2021) has been postponed.
- At this time HHSC is not able to estimate a new ‘effective’ date, explaining that it needs to first reach 100% compliance in its ‘testing’ phase. HHSC added that as of July 9th, it was at a 65% compliance rate, and that only 44.52% of providers have started the process (referring to registering/setting up a security account and practicing).
- HHSC is using a variety of methods to reach out to providers to remind them of the importance of preparing for this transition.
- HHSC stated there are two options from which providers can choose for claims submission – EDI or Tex Med Connect.
- According to HHSC, choosing EDI allows one to practice using the new system before the effective date.
- Though no details were provided, three (3) additional webinars will be held.
July 3rd, 2021
HHSC and TMHP just posted the official announcement regarding the postponement of the August 2, 2021 CARE migration to TMHP. See link below.
PPAT urges members to carefully review the information. Lastly, the announcement does not specify the ‘new’ migration effective date.
May 23rd, 2021
HHSC has published IL 2021-24 1915(c) Waivers Migration to the TMHP Long-Term Care Online Portal (LTCOP) Preparing for August 2, 2021 Deployment (PDF).
HCS and TxHmL program providers and LIDDAs must submit the following forms online through TMHP LTCOP beginning Aug. 2, 2021:
- HCS or TxHmL Pre-enrollment
- 8578 Intellectual Disability/Related Condition Assessment (ID/RC)
- 8582 TxHmL Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- 3608 HCS Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- HCS Provider Location Update (PLU)
- Individual Movement (IMT)
- Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) Reassignments
- Request Individual Update
- Service Coordinator Update
- Initiate Individual Suspensions
- 3615 Request to Continue Suspension of Waiver Program Services
- 3616 Request for Termination of Services Provided by HCS/TxHmL Waiver Provider
Forms 8578, 8582, and 3608 with an effective date prior to Aug. 1, 2021, which are not entered into the CARE system before July 16, 2021, will require double entry by the provider or LIDDA into both CARE and TMHP systems.
Email questions to HCS TxHmL Form Migration.
May 12th, 2021
Beginning August 2, 2021, Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) providers will be required to submit their claims and forms to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP).
HCS and TxHmL providers that do not have an account with TMHP will need to prepare for this transition.
TexMedConnect and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) providers must submit claims to TMHP for dates of service on or after August 1, 2021.
Providers who want to submit claims directly will use TMHP’s TexMedConnect, a free billing software. To get started using TexMedConnect, review the Long-Term Care (LTC) User Guide for TexMedConnect
, and set up a TMHP secure portal account by following the steps in the Basic Tasks for Managing an Account on the TMHP Secure Portal manual
and the TMHP Portal Security Training Manual
Providers that use a trading partner, such as a billing organization, or third-party billing software, will submit claims through EDI.
To become an EDI submitter, visit the TMHP EDI web page
for more information.
: Submission of the EDI Agreement will be required if using a third-party submitter. Providers can find the EDI Agreement on the EDI Forms webpage.
Long-Term Care Online Portal
Starting August 2, 2021, HCS and TxHmL providers and Local Intellectual or Development Disability Authorities (LIDDAs) must submit forms online through the TMHP LTC Online Portal. To prepare for this transition to the TMHP LTC Online Portal, HCS and TxHmL providers will need to create an administrator account, and a Nursing Facility (NF)/Waiver Account.
To access the LMS, users will need to register for the LMS by clicking the Don’t Have an Account? Sign Up Here button beneath the login field. Completion of the LTC User Guide for General Information, Online Portal Basics, and Program Resources, and the TexMedConnect Claims Entry System
is highly recommended
.Additionally, providers are encouraged to visit the TMHP Long-Term Care web page
. In the left-hand menu of the LTC web page, providers can find Medicaid and LTC training materials and navigational videos.
In the Recent News section, providers can find published bulletins containing news and information about this change, training opportunities, and other LTC news. More information about this change will be available in future articles on this website and in upcoming Long-Term Care Provider Bulletins.
Providers can sign up to receive Gov Delivery
, an electronic mailer from HHSC that includes current news and topics of interest for LTC providers.
In the time leading up to this transition, providers can prepare by
:•Keeping claims submissions current in Intellectual Disability Client Assignment and Registration (ID-CARE)
•Submitting Intellectual Disability/Related Condition (ID/RC) and Individual Plan of Care (IPC) renewals in a timely manner.
•Completing Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) Data entry for services delivered before August 1, 2021
.•Reconciling any errors relating to location exceptions.
For any questions related to the HCS & TxHmL Forms and Claims Migration Project, email HCS_TxHmL_Form_Migration@hhs.texas.gov
For EDI-related questions, call the TMHP EDI Help Desk at 888-863-3638.