October 13th, 2022
Update on Some Migration Issues
Additional Training Resources
Program providers, LIDDAs and FMSAs should create a TMHP Learning Management System account before the webinar to access the LTC Online Portal and claims submissions training. New TMHP LMS users can access the LMS Registration and Navigation Job Aid for Providers (PDF) located on the LMS homepage.
Suggested training resources include:
- HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- LTC Online Portal Basics Computer-Based Training
- TexMedConnect for LTC Providers CBT
- Remittance and Status Reports for LTC Providers Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Claim Appeals for Medicaid CBT
- TMHP Claims Video
- TMHP Account Setup for HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs QRG (PDF)
- LTC User Guide for Online Portal Basics, General Information and Program Resources
- LTC User Guide for TexMedConnect (PDF)
For questions and help navigating the LMS, email TMHP Trainings Support.
March 7th, 2022
Claims Training for CARE Migration:
“TMHP is hosting HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs webinars on March 22 and March 24 for program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs who submit claims on behalf of CDS employers. These webinars will train attendees how to submit and manage claims using TexMedConnect.”
For more info, copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://www.tmhp.com/news/2022-03-09-texmedconnect-claims-submission-training-hcs-and-txhml-programs
February 9th, 2022
More Clarifications From HHSC: Migration During TMHP LTC Online Portal Outage:
February 8th, 2022
Very Important !!!! HCS & TxHmL Providers: Migration of CARE to TMHP
“Beginning March 1, 2022, Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program providers, local intellectual developmental disability authority (LIDDA) agencies, and financial management services agencies (FMSAs) billing on behalf of consumer-directed services (CDS) employers will submit claims and forms to the Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP). It’s important that HCS and TxHmL program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs set up their accounts as soon as possible to avoid any delays in payment after March 1, 2022. Program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs are strongly encouraged to set up the following accounts if they have not already done so:
- Claims Submission Account
- TexMedConnect or
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Long-term Care (LTC) Online Portal
- TMHP Learning Management System (LMS)”
To read more, please click on the link below: Don’t Delay!!!!
We acknowledge that location errors can be tricky. Below is a list of some CARE screens to check and some hints for fixing the errors, but we know the timeframe will be tight. Please continue to work on these issues when CARE is again available. https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:9c771b69-784f-3fbc-a3b1-054ee1c49e64
September 13th, 2021
New TMHP Account Setup Quick Reference Guide for HCS and TxHmL Providers and FMSAs
The following providers must submit claims and forms to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership beginning March 1, 2022.
- Home and Community-based Services
- Texas Home Living
- Financial Management Services Agencies billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services
To submit claims and forms, HCS and TxHmL providers and FMSAs must set up TMHP accounts.
The new TMHP Account Setup for HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs Quick Reference Guide is available. The guide provides step-by-step directions to create new TMHP accounts or to link to existing accounts.
September 5th, 2021
New TMHP Migration Implementation Date
A new implementation date of March 1, 2022 is planned for the release of forms and claim submissions to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership for Home and Community-based Services and Texas Home Living program providers, Local Intellectual Developmental Disability Authority agencies, and financial management services agencies that are billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services employers.
Until the transition, HCS and TxHmL providers can continue to use the Client Assignment and Registration system for submitting claims and forms.
For more information, read the notice posted on the long-term care homepage.
August 1st, 2021
Beginning August 2, 2021, Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) providers must submit claims for dates of service on or after August 1, 2021, using Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) online claim submission tools, TexMedConnect or the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). To become an EDI submitter, visit the TMHP EDI web page for more information. Providers should review the Portal Security Training Manual, and complete the Electronic Data Interchange Agreement for Long-Term Care Providers.
Beginning August 2, 2021, HCS and TxHmL providers and Local Intellectual or Development Disability Authorities (LIDDAs) must submit forms online through the TMHP Long-Term Care (LTC) Online Portal. These form submission updates will help improve accuracy and will allow for more timely processing and payments for providers.
The following forms will be available for submission on the TMHP LTC Online Portal on August 2, 2021:
• HCS or TxHmL Pre-enrollment
• 8578 Intellectual Disability/Related Condition Assessment
• 8582 TxHmL Individual Plan of Care
• 3608 HCS Individual Plan of Care
• HCS Provider Location Update (PLU)
• Individual Movement (IMT)
• Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) Reassignments
• Request Individual Update
• Service Coordinator Update
• Initiate Individual Suspensions
• 3615 Request to Continue Suspension of Waiver Program Services
• 3616 Request for Termination of Services Provided by HCS/TxHmL Waiver Provider
Account Preparation and Additional Resources
To prepare for this transition to the TMHP LTC Online Portal, HCS and TxHmL providers that have never used the LTC Online Portal will need an administrator or user account. Providers can find directions for creating an account in the Long-Term Care (LTC) Online Portal Basics computer-based training (CBT) in the TMHP Learning Management System (LMS), and the Long-Term Care (LTC) User Guide for General Information, Online Portal Basics, and Program Resources on the TMHP website and in the TMHP LMS.
Note: To access the LMS, users will need to register for the LMS by clicking the Don’t Have an Account? Sign Up Here button beneath the login field.
HCS and TxHmL providers that use third-party software and third-party vendors to submit claims can register for the TMHP Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Providers wanting to use EDI will need to complete software testing on the TMHP EDI Testing website.
Additionally, providers are encouraged to visit the TMHP Long-Term Care web page. In the left-hand menu of the LTC web page, providers can find Medicaid and LTC training materials and navigational videos.
Providers can find more information in the “Recent News” section, of the LTC Bulletin in future articles and on the TMHP website.
For any questions related to the HCS & TxHmL Forms and Claims Migration Project, email HCS_TxHmL_Form_Migration@hhs.texas.gov.
For EDI-related questions, call the EDI Help Desk at 888-863-3638.
July 17th, 2021
- The initial effective date of the migration (August 2, 2021) has been postponed.
- At this time HHSC is not able to estimate a new ‘effective’ date, explaining that it needs to first reach 100% compliance in its ‘testing’ phase. HHSC added that as of July 9th, it was at a 65% compliance rate, and that only 44.52% of providers have started the process (referring to registering/setting up a security account and practicing).
- HHSC is using a variety of methods to reach out to providers to remind them of the importance of preparing for this transition.
- HHSC stated there are two options from which providers can choose for claims submission – EDI or Tex Med Connect.
- According to HHSC, choosing EDI allows one to practice using the new system before the effective date.
- Though no details were provided, three (3) additional webinars will be held.
July 3rd, 2021
Migration to the TMHP LTC Online Portal – Aug. 2, 2021 Delayed
May 23rd, 2021
Migration to the TMHP LTC Online Portal – Aug. 2, 2021 Deployment (IL 2021-24)
HCS and TxHmL program providers and LIDDAsmust submit the following forms online through TMHP LTCOP beginning Aug. 2, 2021:
- HCS or TxHmL Pre-enrollment
- 8578 Intellectual Disability/Related Condition Assessment (ID/RC)
- 8582 TxHmL Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- 3608 HCS Individual Plan of Care (IPC)
- HCS Provider Location Update (PLU)
- Individual Movement (IMT)
- Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) Reassignments
- Request Individual Update
- Service Coordinator Update
- Initiate Individual Suspensions
- 3615 Request to Continue Suspension of Waiver Program Services
- 3616 Request for Termination of Services Provided by HCS/TxHmL Waiver Provider
Forms 8578, 8582, and 3608 with an effective date prior to Aug. 1, 2021, which are not entered into the CARE system before July 16, 2021, will require double entry by the provider or LIDDA into both CARE and TMHP systems.
TMHP Portal Security Guide: https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/file
library/edi/Portal Security Manual.pdf
TMHP EDI website: https://www.tmhp.com/topics/edi
TMHP EDI Agreement: https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/provider-
TMHP LTC User Guide for TMC:https://www.tmhp.com/sites/default/files/file-library/ltc/LTC_TexMedConnect_UG_092420_R.pdf
TMHP Provider Education/Training: https://www.tmhp.com/resources/provider-education-and-training
TMHP Electronic Visit Verification website: https://www.tmhp.com/topics/evv
HHSC HCS and TxHmL Bill Code Crosswalk: