Person Centered Training Opportunities
Person Centered Planning/Practices Training (Hill Country MH/DD Center’s HUB) Person Centered Planning/Practices Training
Good News!!! Free Live Trainings For Person Centered Training are still available from Hill Country MH/DD Centers’ HUB.
They continue to provide free 2-day Person Centered Planning/Practices Training again, so if you have’t met compliance yet with rules and regulations on getting anyone involved with development of the Implementation Plan trained, here is your chance! They have continued to provide these trainings as of April, 2017. They received funding to start supporting 9 additional people at Hill Country to become Person Centered Thinking trainers. Woo hoo! “
Here are the dates for the Person Centered 2-day trainings we received from Debbie Little Smith/IDD Specialist at Hill Country MHDD Centers. July of 2019 for the 2-day training The Hill Country Transition Support Team (aka “hub”):
Noted here is the 2-day PCT training in Uvalde on July 17th and 18th. See flyer below. Space is available at this time, and participants may register by emailing Debbie Little-Smith at: email@example.com
They have four sessions coming up in San Antonio in August I don’t have the dates yet, but I will keep you posted.
New dates, flyers, and registration links will be available for those of you who are interested as I receive updates. I will post it in our monthly newsletters as well. Please remember this is not being presented by Twogether Consulting, this is a service provided by Hill Country MHDD Centers IDD Training HUB.”
HHSC Person Centered Planning/Practice Training Information
What Training Is Required?
Online Introductory Course
The Texas Health and Human Services Online Introductory Course is appropriate for any member of the planning team, including:
- Legally authorized representatives
- Family members
- Nurses (required in some instances)
- Behavior specialists (required in some instances)
- Employment specialists (required in some instances)
- Attendants (required in some instances)
- Direct support professionals (required in some instances)
- Anyone asked to be a member of the planning team
Note: To access and complete this free online training, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to complete the training.
Person-Centered Thinking Classroom Course
To register for the Person-Centered Thinking 2-day classroom course, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to register for a class that is most convenient to your location. Begin Training An introductory course also is offered by DirectCourseOnline. The online offering includes courses in Person-Centered Counseling (PCC) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice. There are 12 lessons in all.
HHS Approved Full Training
The following training is approved by Texas Health and Human Services for people required to take the full training, specifically case managers, service managers and service coordinators. If you would like to submit a training course to HHS for approval, email: Medicaid_HCBS_Rule@hhsc.state.tx.us. Remember to keep your training certificate.
- Delmarva Foundation’s Person-Centered Thinking Training or call 1-866-755-3506
- Person-Centered Counseling (PCC), Person-Centered Thinking and Practice (online) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice In-Person Course (one-day facilitated training)
- eCourse Catalog Person-Centered Counseling: Person-Centered Thinking and Practices [12 lessons; 8.5 contact hours]
- Lara Consulting Services
- The Hill Country IDD Regional Support Team will host a 2-day Person-Centered Thinking training with certified Person-Centered Thinking trainers in San Marcos. Eleven CEUs are available for SWs and LPCs.
- Nov. 14-15, 2018 Register at Hill County IDD Person-Centered Thinking training November 14-15
- Institute for Person-Centered Planning Person Centered Thinking
- Learning Community for Person Centered Practices’ Person Centered Thinking Training, which can be provided by any Learning Community-certified trainer
- United Health Care Person-Centered Transitions to Community Living firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Provider call center: 888-887-9003, 877-842-3210 or 800-905-8671