Positive Behavior Management and Support Workshops to Be Held This Summer
HHSC will hold five Positive Behavior Management and Support workshops. These two-day workshops will provide participants with valuable tools to establish positive relations and meet the needs of the people we serve.
Workshop attendees will learn how to:
- Use attention as a powerful tool for behavior change.
- Help people eliminate or reduce challenging behaviors.
- Help people incorporate positive behaviors to achieve their goals.
- Use reinforcement to tip the scales toward adaptive, positive or successful behaviors.
- Safely redirect potentially harmful behaviors as a last resort.
The list below provides dates and locations for this year’s training workshops:
- June 6–7, Houston: Register here
- June 13–14, Keller: Register here
- June 24–25, San Antonio: Register here
- August 5–6, Corpus Christi: Register here
- August 8–9, Austin: Register here
Workshops are free and open to anyone who works directly with the following populations: intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health, school-age, elderly, nursing home and direct care. Ten continuing education units for social work, psychology, licensed psychological associates and licensed professional counselors are available after completing both days of the workshop.
To register and for more information visit the Training Initiatives page.
Scope and Severity Webinar Now Available
HHSC is currently offering a webinar to explain scope and severity for providers impacted by House Bill 2025, 85th Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2017. The training is designed specifically for providers for whom scope and severity is new to the survey process.
Please continue to monitor the website for additional dates and times if you are unable to participate during the dates currently being offered. The webinar will be offered on a regular basis for the next few months.
Changes to the MWH-IDD Website where TIC Training is Accessed
HHSC Long-term Care Regulatory has issued Provider Letter (PL) 19-08: Trauma-informed Care (TIC) Training to replace PL 16-15. The PL informs providers of changes to the Mental Health Wellness for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities website where TIC training is accessed.
This PL is addressed to Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Related Conditions providers. Read the details of this PL here.