September 24th, 2022
HHSC Moved Individualized Skills and Socialization Webpage
The Individualized Skills and Socialization webpage moved from the Resources webpage to the main Long-term Care Providers webpage. This was done so its location is consistent with other Long-term Care Regulation programs and is easier to find.
Individualized Skills and Socialization can be found under the “Community-based Programs” heading.
August 23rd, 2022
No Public Hearing on ISS Licensing Rules
Comments must be submitted no later than 31 days after the date the rules were published in the Texas Register; i.e., 31 days after August 12, 2022.. Comments must be (1) postmarked or shipped before the last day of the comment period; (2) hand-delivered before 5:00 p.m. on the last working day of the comment period; or (3) emailed before midnight on the last day of the comment period. If the last day to submit comments falls on a holiday, comments must be postmarked, shipped, or emailed before midnight on the following business day to be accepted. When emailing comments, please indicate “Comments on Proposed Rule 22R050” in the subject line.
Public Hearing on ISS Program Rules
HHSC will conduct a public hearing on the proposed HCS, TxHmL and DBMD ISS program rules on September 7, 2022 from 8:00 am. until Noon. To register for the virtual hearing, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/927810115195515152
For a copy of the proposed ISS license rules or go to: https://www.hhs.texas.gov/regulations/policies-rules/health-human-services-rulemaking/comment-proposed-draft-rules
August 13th, 2022
Texas HHSC has developed the Individualized Skills and Socialization Provider Portal, an online source of information for providers of individualized skills and socialization.
The Individualized Skills and Socialization Provider Portal will allow providers to:
- Complete and review trainings on the Individualized Skills and Socialization service.
- Find and review provider letters and other information and releases related to Individualized Skills Socialization.
- Link to rules and other services related to Individualized Skills and Socialization.
- PL 2021-42 – This Provider Letter offers a brief introduction to the new individualized skills and socialization service and what providers can expect as HHSC implements the service.
- Individualized Skills and Socialization Services webinar – This helpful webinar provides an introduction and overview to Individualized Skills and Socialization
- Individualized Skills and Socialization FAQs – revised April 26, 2022
- July 2022 – Individualized Skills and Socialization Provider Webinar – This webinar covers the service description, ratio requirements, and licensing information based on HHSC’s draft individualized skills and socialization rules.
August 6th, 2022
See Draft/Proposed Rules for ISS in HCS and TxHmL below:
Proposed ISS Rules (Main portion of rules start on page 13-52)
- The anticipated adoption date is October, 2022 with an effective date of November 2022. These dates also apply to the proposed rules for the DBMD waiver program.
- Very few changes were made from comments HHSC received during the informal comment period earlier this year. Though we had been apprised of such before this positing, know that any comments you submitted during the informal comment period will need to be resubmitted.
- Carefully review the introduction to the HCS and TxHmL rules on pages 1 -4, including the sections on Issues and Alternatives and Stakeholder Involvement on page 3.
- Carefully review the preamble to the rules before reading the actual rules and pay attention to the sections on Impact to Small Businesses.
- The proposed HCS and TxHmL rules are included in one document. To help you navigate the document, the following is offered: