HHSC Publishes Guidance for Ending of the Temporary Suspension of Certain LTCR Requirements During COVID-19 Outbreak (PL 2021-29)
August 15th, 2021
The letter describes the rule suspensions that ended, the rule suspensions that are still in place, and the rule suspensions that will be ended in the future.
See below specifics for HCS & ICF Only (link above takes you to guidance for all LTC types of providers)
Suspension of Therapeutic Leave ends August 4th, 2021
• Therapeutic Leave. (Rule: 26 TAC §261.226(a)-(f)); Statute: HSC §252.203(2))
The suspension of license application and renewal timeline requirements ends on October 3, 2021.
• Rules: 26 TAC §551.15(a), (d), and (e) and §551.21(a), (c), and (e)
The following rules will no longer be suspended effective November 2, 2021:-Fire Marshall Approval Documentation
ICF/IID: 26 TAC §551.12(a)
Suspensions Still in Place
• HHSC will still allow an HCS four-person residence to add an additional individual temporarily if the residence has the space to accommodate and has been approved as a four-person residence by HHSC. (Rule: 40 TAC §9.153(39)(B))
• Suspension of the requirement for HCS providers to ensure at least one complete staff shift change per day for individuals receiving residential support. (Rule: §9.174(a)(38)(C))
• Suspension of the requirement for day habilitation to be provided in accordance with the individual’s person-directed plan, individual plan of care, implementation plan, and Appendix C of the HCS Program waiver application. (Rule: §9.174(a)(28))
If you have any questions about this letter, please contact the Policy and Rules Section by email at LTCRPolicy@hhs.texas.gov or call (512) 438-3161.