January 8, 2019 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Private Provider's Association of Texas Offices
8711 Burnet Rd
Austin, TX 78757
1-Day Workshop (Lunch included)
For HCS & TXHML ” (Austin, TX)
Will include handouts and breakout sessions to practice Care Planning and Implementation Planning for Nursing Services.
Date: January 8th, 2019
Time: 9:30 AM-4:00 PM
For: Nurses, Program Administrators, Program Managers, Care Coordinators/Case Managers, Quality Assurance Staff, and Trainers
Location: PPAT offices: 8711 Burnet Rd. Austin, Texas 78759 Suite E-53
Topics: We will discuss some of the following areas:
What is Dual (Co-Occuring) Diagnosis? (pertaining to individuals with IDD)
– How important is this information for the Nurse in the HCS/TxHmL/ICF practice environment?
-Most Common Psychiatric Disorders among our individuals with IDD (includes descriptions – corresponding behaviors- concerns for interventions and care planning).
-What is the Nurses’ roll in management of mental illness and behavioral intervention
-How do we implement an accurate and well developed care plan?
-Does Nursing assure Continuity in delivery of care? (Through the IPC, the Nursing Implementation Plan and Nursing Care Plan)
-Improving the Nursing Role in Behavioral Strategies and Intervention-
-What is the Standard of Care for Nursing in IDD environment?
-Review of Nursing Process and Interdisciplinary Team Considerations concerning mental health and behavioral health concerns?
Goals for the class:
1. Understanding How Co-Occuring Diagnoses Can Affect Your Medical/Nursing Care Planning Process.
2. Understanding How The Level of The Individuals IDD and Mental Illness Affects the Individual and the Medical Care We Render
3. Increasing Your Knowledge of Psychiatric Diagnosis/Mental Health and Applying it in your Nursing Practice or Nursing Program
4. Understanding How your Nursing Service Plan Can Assist in Better Care and Meeting Nursing and PDP outcomes for the Individual.
5. Professional Nurse Development – Expanding your practice this presentation is are dedicated to assisting you to increase your level of nursing expertise for Individuals with IDD and Psychiatric Disorders
6. Understanding the Guidelines for Nurse Care Planning in HCS/TxHmL/ ICF Environments
7. Being able to Develop and Implement the Nursing Service Plan and Understanding the Importance of The RN Comprehensive Assessment
We will provide handouts including:
** Power Point Handout
** Sample Comprehensive Nursing Assessment (CNA)
**Sample- Nursing Service/Care Plans (NSP)
**Sample -Nursing Implementation Plans (IP)
There will also be:
**Breakout sessions to practice development of the NSP and IP
We apologize, currently we are having a few issues with our Paypal buttons on the training calendar pages. This should be corrected very soon. If you do not see our Paypal button on this training page, please follow the directions below to pay online:
If you would like to pay online (paypal, credit card or debit card), please go to our “home page” http://www.twogetherconsulting and scroll about 3/4 of the page down. You will see a Paypal button. Remember to enter in in total $ amount for # of attendees.Ex: 2 people want to attend x $125 =$250 total. If you have any problems, please ask Meghan Jones to walk you through when you call to register. Please contact us directly about group rates.
You must contact Meghan Jonesat: email@example.com to complete registration and for any additional information or to arrange payment by check, you may contact Julie by phone at: (361) 649-5104
Please let Meghan know, if you are paying by check. You may only pay by check. Payment must be made prior to class. If you need to make special arrangements, please let us know. Please make the check out to:
P.O. Box 90426 Austin, Tx 78709
Please sign up soon. Space is Limited.